If you need assistance with this registration process, you man call ProcureNow support at 855-680-4747 or type your request in the support chat feature on the City's ProcureNow Bidding Portal.
To register your business with the City of Milpitas, go to https://secure.procurenow.com/portal/milpitas-ca. Look for the green button that says "Subscribe". See below.
Step 0. Make sure you click the "Sign up" Link, if this is your first time creating an account with ProcureNow. See below.
Step 1. Give us your email address.
Step 2. Check Your Inbox, click the "Activate Account" Button in the welcome email.
Step 3. Fill in Your Name and Your Company Name
Step 3. Type in a password!
Last Step! Press the "Activate" Button, and you're in!
Once you've activated your account, you'll be taken back to the City of Milpitas' ProcureNow bid portal! Here are a few things you'll probably want to do:
- Make sure you've hit the Subscribe button. This will ensure you receive notifications about new bid opportunities from the City of Milpitas!
- Update Your Contact Information and Company Profile. Doing it now is a great idea. If you ultimately submit a bid proposal, we will force you to enter this before can submit ;).
- Make sure you fill in the purchasing categories you want to be notified about. This is found under your company profile. NOTE: If you subscribe to the City as a vendor and you DO NOT designate a purchasing category, you will be notified about EVERY open bid opportunity.
- Click "Follow" on any open projects that are of interest to you.
- Click "Apply to Project" on any projects you want to submit a proposal.
- Share, Share, Share! Hey, not all these projects may be right for you, but we bet you know someone it WILL be right for. Help each other other, and share projects with our easy social media share links! See below.
Guarantee Your Notifications Reach You
Once you have completed the registration process, it is your responsibility to keep the information up to date, particularly the contacts and email addresses. You will be notified of bidding opportunities only one time per posting.
Important: Before registering with ProcureNow, please make sure you add any emails from "@procurenow.com" to your email “White list” to ensure email notices from ProcureNow are not blocked by your spam/junk filter settings:
City of Purchasing Division
455 E. Calaveras Blvd.
Milpitas. CA 95035-5411
POINTS TO REMEMBER WHEN SUBMITTING OFFERS
Please read all solicitation packages and on-line solicitation requirements and instructions carefully. Be sure you can comply with all of the requirements before you respond. If you have any questions, be sure to contact the individual responsible.
Be sure your offer arrives on time. All solicitation packages state the date and time the offer is to be presented to the City. Do not depend on the U.S. postal Service or a courier service for offers which cannot be submitted on time. If you are choosing not to submit your proposal through the City's ProcureNow Bid Portal, hand delivery is strongly recommended. The City does not accept late offers or bids.
Market your product or service wisely. Always contact the City before you spend money creating expensive demonstration, designs, layouts or presentations.
Pre-bid and pre-proposal meetings are held for larger, more complicated purchases. At these meetings the specifications are explained in detail with project managers and technical staff answers questions on any items in the solicitation.
Check Purchasing web page often to view the list of current open solicitations.
In accordance with the City’s code of ethics, employees will not accept gifts or entertainment. Suppliers are requested to not make any such offers to employees.